Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Karma's a BITCH


I am not religious whatsoever (war..hello but this is a whole nother topic for a whole nother day), but I'm not completely faithless. I have faith in myself and the GOOD people that I surround myself with. If I believe in anything...it's karma. I like to think we all have these invisible karma tokens and you build up a stash (or you suck and you don't) kind of like paying it forward in a way. I think I've stored a lot of them (and have used a lot too). BUT this is kind of my own little thing that I think keeps me a good person and I know how and when to cash these in.

So if you've been reading my blog you kind of know who my roommate is. Well it's gotten to the breaking point. Sober roommate=biggest asshole on the planet. A lot of you also know that I helped him basically get rid of the little 19 year old and get him into his first steps of recovery from alcohol AND listening to him get all emotional for hours on end. Right before this debacle I flat out quit my job and have been looking for something ever since and had had a lot of money saved. Well so through this whole time helping my roommate he told me over and over during these drunk crying sessions: "don't even worry about rent, you are a great friend, I have tons of money (half a million to be exact), no one else cares and you do." all this stuff right and I was like wow thanks that could really help me out right now (I never asked him to do this). So after not doing his rehab and not going to meetings and making excuses his mother finally takes him to the hospital for detox telling me that his mother would take care of the dog while he was gone (which was good since my new job started early so I wouldn't have to get up so extra early to walk her etc...) The next day he then proceeds to tell me to help him out with the dog and I ask him if his mother would take her (like he'd already told me) just so I wouldn't have this huge inconvenience (After dealing with all of his already). He gets upset that "I won't even help him" blah blah blah. Mostly because I didn't believe he would go, I then say fine and try to figure out if one of my friends can walk the dog. The next day, the dog is gone with his mother as he tells me and I roll my eyes in annoyance. Well he went for like 3 days and he should have stayed for a month long program but he's worried about work which he doesn't really need to be (since it's a family business and he's loaded and they told him to take all the time he needs--because his mother told me this directly), he's just using it as an excuse again. He assures me he hasn't been drinking and is sober and is going to go to meetings (which I really don't believe) So after telling me about his detox I proceed to my room and as I leave he goes "So when are you going to pay me rent?" and I go oh well we talked about this like a hundred times and you said it was fine...I was completely taken aback like we had never had this conversation before. I really felt like I had earned my rent free month for dealing with the shit that I dealt with the whole time after he'd told me it was ok. He then proceeds to tell me he is annoyed that I use his detergent, paper towels, and that he can get someone to rent out the room for $1,000 (double what I pay), and that he feeds me (he invites me to eat dinner with him (like maybe 4 times out of the year I lived here) because he made so much food) I am standing there shocked, pissed, and hurt for investing my energy into helping him get better then to basically be told that he "can't have this in his life anymore" and basically said I was not welcome and that he needed my rent money (my measly $500 bucks). He is selfish, greedy, and unappreciative. It was a really big "fuck you Lorenzo". Well I'm done with that. I would rather hassle with moving and paying rent to someone who isn't an asshole and trust me, once you burn your bridge with me...it never gets built again (I hold grudges like no other), I've already tried doing that too many times and people like my soon-to-be ex-roommate don't deserve that. So my karma tokens came into play right after that conversation...I've got a full work week and a new place to live with a normal person. Can't wait to see what karma will do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment