Monday, June 7, 2010

Dreams: It's never quite as it seems


So I've finally moved into my new place and things are already much better and normal. I love living in a homely, suburbly neighborhood. The drama is over for now.

So I was driving home the other day and one of my all time favorite songs came on (no it's wasn't Miley's Party in the U.S.A.) and it just brings back this rush of memories and emotions from a long time ago. It's a good rush though, not bad. I know, super corny but you know what I'm talking about and don't EVEN lie. All of you have that song that reminds you of a certain part in your life that even if the song is stupid to other people, it means something to you. So Dreams by The Cranberries is basically my favorite song and I can play on repeat for awhile and not get tired of it. I know that the first time I heard this song was around 1995 when I was at the movie theaters and I don't remember the movie I was watching, but, one of the trailers attached was The Babysitters club....yes. I think I saw the movie, I don't remember, but that point in time when I heard it locked in this kind of happy feeling that whenever I hear the song everything just goes away and I think it's also one of those songs that is relevant to a lot of people. The opening lyrics basically sum up what's just going on in general with I think me, and a lot of my friends as we're going out into the "real" world. It is definitely not the easiest thing, but you can be anything you want, however you want. But Dreams just reminds me of the 90's, even though my parents were divorced and there was all that crap going on. At that moment when I first heard the song it just kind of takes me back to the simplicity of my younger life at age 7 or 8 when I heard it and ever since it always seems to come on at just the right times. Dreams are really never quite what they seem, but I guess they change and mine definitely have lately. Well there's my cheesy post for the day :)

"Oh my life is changing everyday
Every possible way
Though my dreams, it’s never quite as it seems
Never quite as it seems"

No comments:

Post a Comment